Eye Health Tips
- Know your risk factors for eye diseases and see an ophthalmologist at regular intervals. A yearly eye exam is a must.
- Always wear sunglasses that block 99-100% of UV-A and UV-B rays when outdoors for extended periods, particularly if you spend time in the snow or water.
- If you wear contact lenses, apply cosmetics after inserting lenses. This helps prevent stray makeup from getting under the lens and irratating your eyes.
- Always wear eye protection when in areas that could propell obejects, dust or debri into your eyes. For example, while woodworking, metalworking, or remodelling.
- Working on a computer can cause eyestrain. Take periodic breaks to rest your eyes. Place your screen at or below eye level.